Such as...
--Did you know that curvier women produce smarter children? I was at the gym last night and the local news was on one of the overhead tvs. They were talking about JLo's pregnancy and how because of some study done by some students somewhere (clearly I was listening really hard), her child (children?) will undoubtedly be the next Einstein. Ummm really? Is this true? If that's the case, maybe I shouldn't go to the gym anymore. I mean, I know it'd be a huuuge sacrifice (HA), but after all I'd be doing it for my future, unborn children.
(Random side-thought: What the heck is up with the local news? Since when do they run stories about JLo? Must have been a boring day, especially if they ran out of animal interest stories, which they usually use to fill up time at the end of the show. And which I usually secretly enjoy very much.)
--I went to Target the other day to buy shampoo and other necessities, and good lord they have really gone all out for Christmas! It was fantastic--everything was pristine and unravaged by crazy day-after-Thanksgiving shoppers. I love the holidays with all of my heart, but what saddens me is that Thanksgiving isn't for another eight days and that Christmas section has probably been there for a few weeks already. Is it just me, or is all of the Christmas hullabaloo beginning a little early this year? Why do stores jump from Halloween to Christmas as if there isn't some delicious, nation-founding event smack dab in the middle? Is it because people don't give presents on Thanksgiving? Maybe we should...a new pair of pants with a stretchy waistband for all!
--WHY?? And just how much beer do you think it takes to get an elephant drunk? What kind of pick-up lines do you think they use on each other as they stand 'round the barrel of rice beer and munch on peanuts and naan?

Those are my thoughts for now.
10 comments:
Canadian Thanksgiving is before Halloween, so it makes sense for us to take down the pumpkins at the same time we put up Santas. But you guys have Thanksgiving! It's weird.
Also, you should read the freakonomics blog- that's where I read the study about curvier women both being smarter and producing smarter children (omega-3 fatty acids reside in hips, while omega 6 resides in stomach. omega 3 contributes to brain growth. They define curvy as a high waist to hip ratio). In the same article there was a bit about genetics influencing the age at which somebody loses their virginity. It was really interesting!
i would say at least 20 kegs ;)
Thanks, Paris Hilton, for speaking to the problem of elephant binge drinking in India while continuing to ignore the vast hoards of drunken socialite wannabes that you're producing in the U.S.
UHG.
That is so funny! I'm looking forward to more random hump day facts.....
1. I care SO much about my future children, which is OBVIOUSLY why I haven't been to the gym in weeks. Duh. :)
2. I LOVE TARGET. So I forgive them for the too-soon-for-xmas jump, but all the other stores? Veto.
Haha I loved that elephant story. So great.
i WISH the boston news channel would talk about j-lo. Seems like Britney is the only beantown attention getter these days!!
1. Christmas is coming waaaay too fast; and
2. I an encouraged by the fact that I will probably have v. smart kids! Yeeha!
I think it is irresponsible for anyone as rich as the Hilton's to pick a cause like saving the drunken elephants. I think she picked that cause because she wanted something she could call her own, but really, why doesn't she just give her dad's money to a cause that actually knows what they are doing?
I think it is sad...the poor elephants don't stand a chance.
I went to Target this week too...the Christmas craziness has definitely begun! It does make you feel sorry for Thanksgiving for getting overshadowed...
Post a Comment