Thursday, November 29, 2007

Random [Belated] Hump Day Thoughts

You were all supposed to pick the same dress and that was going to be The One! But seriously, thank you for the really wonderful suggestions. I knew you were so very fashion-savvy and could help me out of this pickle. I still haven't decided which I'm going to wear, but I did go out and purchase some black hose. No one needs to see these white-as-snow gams, especially people I've never met before! So I think I'll just take both dresses to Cleveland and see what inspires me. Or maybe I'll have Alex go spy on some of his co-workers to see what they're wearing. Either way, I'll post pictures on Monday!

Oh crud. Remember two Wednesdays ago, when I was all like, "This is going to be a GREAT new tradition, posting some of my many random thoughts every Wednesday, since it's hump day and they tend to be hard sometimes, depending on if you're in a glass-is-half-full or half-empty sort of mood." And then, I went and totally forgot about it the very next week. But then again, that was the day before Thanksgiving and so that Wednesday wasn't reeeally a hump day at all. And then I went and forgot about it until late last night, at which point I was too tired to do anything but curl up in my flannel sheets and fall asleep. However, in the interest of tradition (is it strange that I cannot write that word without thinking of Fiddler on the Roof?) I will jot down some of my random thoughts for a belated hump day post.

-My iTunes has a mind of its own. That, or people are playing a cruel joke on me. I was folding laundry last night and had put on my relaxing playlist. Everything was going along just great, when all of a sudden "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls came on SO LOUD! In my surprise, I dropped the shirt I was folding. And then do you know what I did? A boring person would have just turned down the music, but since I was not in a boring mood, I totally jammed out and danced around my bedroom and even jumped on my bed a little. I absolutely suggest hiding deliciously surprising songs in your playlists.
-This may be old news, since it has been on the CNN website for a while, but apparently doctors removed a ten-pound hairball from some (incredibly stupid) girl who had been EATING her hair for YEARS. I would be absolutely horrified if I was this girl's mother. To think that my cooking was not good enough, and my child had to resort to eating her own hair just to survive?! (Okay, maybe I am making that part up.) They say this condition is called "trichophagia," but I think she was just hungry. I wonder if different colors of hair have different flavors? I have to admit--I have a hair problem. No, I don't eat it, but I play with my hair incessantly. My hand just wanders up there on its own to twirl away, and when I find a rogue curly strand, I pull it out. I once read that pulling (lightly) on your hair releases endorphins, which we all know make us happy. So am I actually ADDICTED to pulling my hair because my body has become so used to the endorphins released by doing so? Hmm, something to ponder. Just don't start playing with your hair all the time, they don't make a gum to cure this problem.

-No joke, yesterday was World Toilet Day. If only I had known! Some interesting Toilet Day facts:
• The average person visits the toilet 2,500 times a year. About 6-8 times a day.
• You spend about three years of your life on the toilet.
• Contrary to popular lore, Thomas Crapper didn't invent the toilet. Seated toilets with drainage systems date back to 2500 B.C. The flush toilet was invented in 1596 by John Harrington. (Thank you, Mr. Harrington. You do NOT get enough credit.)
Those are my only thoughts right now. This week has been crazy busy here at the office, which is really impeding on my ability to write long rambling posts and visit your lovely blogs.

14 comments:

Michelle and the City said...

i love when random songs come on my itunes. shuffle is the best feature in my opinion. i like surprises.

good luck at the party this weekend! i'm sure everything will be fine no matter which dress you wear (as long as your legs are WARM). lol

Anonymous said...

I love new facts! Thanks for the toilet related education...

Dolce said...

Wow, an average of 3 years on a toilet? I wonder what the average is just for men?

Lisa said...

6-8 times a day? No way! 2-4, maybe!

Le Petit Chic said...

Oh my god, that hairball story made me sick! BLUGH! That picture was so icky! Also, I would be willing to bet that my husband will spend an average of at least 6 years of his life on the toilet. I'm a lucky, lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Ew at the hairball story! Gross!

I'm kind of obsessed with playing with my hair too. I DEFINITELY do not eat it though!

Anonymous said...

sharing is caring so thank you for the new information! i had to push my chipotle burrito away (and girl, it takes a lot for me to push a chipotle burriot away) but i am now wiser and it feels good!

um, i love wannabe. and now, i'm going to cue it up and listen to it. at work. on my speakers. because i'm not boring either!

(and dress #2. come on, you know you want to.)

Katelin said...

Haha, I love the lego man on the toilet. And ew to that woman who ate the hair, seriously, ew.

Anonymous said...

That's some commandment I think; when one heareth the Spice Girls, one must shaketh their booty.

Or something like that.

I think.

GROSS. I have a little girl in my class who always eats her hair, so I'm going to tell her this story. ;)

t.b.f.love. said...

Lol on the Wannabe! That sounds fun. I think I have that song on my iTunes, but it *never* comes up. And whenever I hear the word "tradition" it rings in my head ala Fiddler on the Roof. I seriously listen to way too many musical soundtracks.

P.S. Three *years* on the toilet? Wow. That's interesting.

Valley Girl said...

A 10-lb hairball? That takes the cake.

B2G said...

ha! i love how random your random thoughts were. also, just fyi, i was sporty spice. you know, when my friends and i were each one and we made up our own dances to their songs. or something.

longredcape said...

Obsessive hair-pulling = trichotillomania (I know 'cause I used to do it). Now I just play with it constantly, which sucks because it's curly and playing with it makes it frizzy :(

Eyes As Windows said...

Haha I do love your random thoughts of Wednesday! PS Spice girls totally rocks out my shuffle playlist sometimes, and its a guilty pleasure!