Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's Been a James Marsden Weekend

I had no idea who exactly James Marsden was until I looked him up on IMDB two seconds ago, but he's this guy (yes, of course I went for the shirtless picture):And he has been THAT GUY this weekend. You know when you see someone that you haven't seen for a long time, and then all of a sudden they are EVERYWHERE? Usually it's someone you actually know, but James (yes, we are on a first-name basis) has been THAT GUY for me over the past few days.

When my dad's family came over for Thanksgiving on Thursday, my grandmother brought the Hairspray DVD with her. She wasn't sure if we had seen it, though of course my sister and I already had. I love musicals, Sarah loves Zac Efron, so it was a match made in heaven. But that was James Marsden Sighting Number One, since he played Corny Collins and his picture is on the cover of the DVD. On Friday, my mom and I went and saw Enchanted together. She is a preschool teacher, so in the spirit of "research" she usually drags me to movies that I wouldn't necessarily ever pay to see, but which are almost always fabulous. This was no exception. I laughed harder than I have in a long, long time during Enchanted, and I don't think it was just because Mom and I inhaled an entire box of sugary-delicious Whoppers during the previews. The movie was absolutely hilarious! It had a lot of adult humor that would go over a kid's head. I definitely recommend it to everyone. Anyway, James played Prince Edward, and he did a pretty fab job acting like a total flake and had a decent singing voice to boot (yes, the movie features musical and dance numbers, one of which takes place in the middle of Central Park, because duh, why wouldn't it?). So that was James Marsden Sighting Number Two.Yesterday, in the continued spirit of family holiday togetherness, I went shopping with my parents. The Gap at our mall had just been renovated, so we popped in to see what it looked like and if they had any deals (AND THERE WAS NO SALE SECTION, WTF?!). Despite its total lack of any real bargains, the store itself looked nice. Their new ad campaign features a bunch of actors and actresses decked out in colorful scarves, sweaters, knit caps, etc, and their posters were all over the store. My mom mistook Will Arnett for John Grisham, but I guess that is a understandable mistake...? Okay, maybe not. But who adorned one of the walls in the men's section? Yup. James Marsden. Looking damn fine, though not as hot as John Krasinski, but that is another blog post entirely. And thus occurred James Marsden Sighting Number Three.

Later yesterday afternoon, my roommate Rose and I were looking for a mellow way to kill an hour before we went to meet friends for dinner. Rose is in the middle of reading a Nicolas Sparks novel, and she chose to put in The Notebook while we were wasting time. Who is Allie's fiance in The Notebook? Lon Hammond Jr., played by none other than Mr. James Marsden. Sighting Number Four. GAHHH HE IS EVERYWHERE!We managed to tear ourselves away from the movie to go out for Mediterranean food, stop by a hookah bar for a while, and then go to Dick's Den? on High Street. Yes, it's "Dick's Den?" with a question mark. It sounds sort of dirty and strangely unsure, but there was live music and the drinks were cheap, so no complaints here. After last call, Rose and I drove home and watched the second half of The Notebook before going to bed.

I haven't had a James Marsden sighting yet today, but the night is young and he could totally pop up ANYWHERE.

16 comments:

Susie said...

I had no idea he was getting so popular!! I remember seeing him for the first time in "Gossip," and thinking "oooh" (don't ask why I saw that movie otherwise).

Also, I'm laughing at the idea that the Gap would use John Grisham as a model!! hehe.

Anonymous said...

I'm so completely with you. The first time I remembers seeing him was on a show called "Noahs Ark" i think... It was something like that. Joey Lauren Adams played his girlfriend. Anyway, I've adored him ever since, and supposedly he is very married with 2 kids, which just makes him that much sexier!

Anonymous said...

I'm so completely with you. The first time I remembers seeing him was on a show called "Noahs Ark" i think... It was something like that. Joey Lauren Adams played his girlfriend. Anyway, I've adored him ever since, and supposedly he is very married with 2 kids, which just makes him that much sexier!

Anonymous said...

He's so sexy. Nice job on the shirtless photo selection.

Julie Q said...

I wish I had a little cousin or someone to drag with me to go see Enchanted! And I love Will & Amy- i'd never peg them for Gap models but hey, tis the season.

Get Me an Entertainment Job said...

i love james marsden!! but i always, always get him and james franco mixed up. always!

(i totally saw "enchanted," too... no shame in it!)

- stephanie, 20-something bloggers :)

Valley Girl said...

Mmmm...thanks for the shirtless pic, hun.

longredcape said...

If you haven't seen it, watch "Sugar and Spice." He's in that, and it's a cute movie. Also, I want to see "Enchanted"! When it comes to the theater here (we have a cinema TWIN, which bites), I want to take my friend to see it with me. She will watch any movie, and she will more than likely love it. It looks very funny to me, but Kyle would NEVER, EVER go.

Michelle and the City said...

he is a total hottie. da-damn! ;)

and it always works out that i eat the snacks during the previews too. they never last long enough.

Lisa said...

I want to see Enchanted a lot!

Also Will Arnett and Amy Poelher are my favourite couple in the world

Anonymous said...

He's gorgeous - I remember seeing him YEARS ago, but can't remember what movie! He gets around, that James Marsden. ;)

Katelin said...

I heart James. I knew he was so popular (he's also in the XMen movies if you're ever inclined to watch, haha) and I can't wait to see Enchanted. Will be this weekend, woo Disney. :)

Larissa said...

Oh, James...way hot! I liked him in the X-Men movies.

Anonymous said...

That is so crazy that you saw him that many times! I love him as the sweet, clueless baby daddy in Sugar and Spice.

The same thing also happens to me with words. I hear a new word for the first time and then it's everywhere!

Anonymous said...

I dragged the boyfriend to see Enchanted. It was hilarious! I loved it, especially the dance/song in the park. Too funny!

schwul-und-liberal said...

James Marsden is a handsome man and a great actor! I love him too!