Friday, November 23, 2007

Pumpkin Recipes?

Does anyone have any good recipes involving pumpkin? Now that Thanksgiving is officially over, it's high time I actually do something with the small baking pumpkins that have adorned my mantle for the past month. I've made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins before (which are AMAZING, I may make those again), but I'm curious to see what else is out there.

So pumpkin recipes. You got 'em? I want 'em. Please leave a comment or email me at virginia802 at gmail.com.

Thanks! Happy Friday!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a baker at all, more of a eater ;)

Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins sound soooo good. I wish someone would make them so I can try them. I'm far too inept in the kitchen to do it myself, haha.

Valley Girl said...

Not me. However, that picture has just moved me to get my butt to the fridge and eat my pumpkin pie leftovers, lol!

Julie Q said...

i just googled 'yummy pumpkin recipes' and BH&G features a bunch of awesome recipes! those muffins sound delish
http://www.bhg.com/bhg/slideshow/slideShow.jsp?slideid=/templatedata/bhg/slideshow/data/100DaysHolidays_PumpkinRecipes_08052003.xml

t.b.f.love. said...

Ooo I love pumpkin recipes; those muffins sound incredibly good. I got what sounds to be a great pumpkin pie recipe from NicoleAntoinette - I'd ask her for it!

t.b.f.love. said...

btw... I tagged you for a fun meme:
http://tbflove.blogspot.com/2007/11/musical-meme-aka-caring-is-creepy.html

Anonymous said...

I just emailed you two good recipes!

Unknown said...

Maybe construct a mini trebuchet and cause chaos in your neighborhood as residents run from the terror of UFGs (unidentified flying gourds).

Sorry I cook. If it goes on top of the stove, I can create it. Inside the oven is Greek to me.

Susie said...

Umm I am literally the biggest pumpkin fanatic ever!!

I made pumpkin chocolate chip squares for Thanksgiving and everyone loved them. I also made pumpkin spice cake a few weeks ago and it was delicious too.

My mom tried to make me pumpkin fudge but it turned out really weird so she promised she'd try again.

I am obsessed with pumpkin spice coffee and basically pumpkin everything :) I will e-mail you the recipes since the links are kind of long!

Anonymous said...

Nope, but I can eat pumpkin pies with the best of them. Good luck when the time comes.

Cheers

Michelle and the City said...

i'm not a baker BUT i LOVE LOVE LOVE pumpkin. i once even wrote a post entirely about pumpkin foods that's how obessed i am. but one of my friends sent me this link when she heard abut how much i like pumpkin food. hope it helps:

http://www.bhg.com/bhg/slideshow/slideShow.jsp?slideid=/templatedata/bhg/slideshow/data/100DaysHolidays_PumpkinRecipes_08052003.xml

Kiki said...

Pumpkin-Gingerbread Trifle:

Prepare 2 boxes of gingerbread (I did it in one big pan).

Prepare a box of vanilla pudding (not the instant kind) then mix it in a bowl with pumpkin puree + spices or canned pumpkin pie filling.

In a big glass bowl (or trifle dish, if you have one), put a layer of gingerbread, then the pumpkin mixture, then cool whip. Repeat. Yum!

Virginia said...

Thank you guys for all the suggestions! I'll let you know what I end up making when I get around to it. I'm sure it will be delicious, I am totally craving pumpkin.

And to those of you who just enjoy eating, well I do too. I'll send some good food karma your way.