Monday, November 12, 2007

Barn Burnings

This conversation was overheard when we were watching OSU get thoroughly embarrassed by Illinois on Saturday. Note that it was very cold outside, but we had managed to smuggle a water bottle full of rum into the stadium and had thus enjoyed some VERY strong rum and cokes already, in addition to everything imbibed during the tailgating earlier in the day...so needless to say, we were having a good time.


MAN BEHIND US: Darla, you gotta talk to yer sister on the cell-u-lar phone. Here you go.

WOMAN BEHIND US: Darlene? You there? Hello??

[long pause]

WOMAN BEHIND US: Oh cray-ap, what do you mean the barn burned down?

[long pause]

WOMAN BEHIND US: Shucks, fireworks strike again! [maniacal laughter] I can't believe yer boys climbed all the way up on the roof to set them off, I thought that roof needed fixin'?

[long pause]

WOMAN BEHIND US:
Well DANG, all the way to the ground?! You manage to save all the animals??

[long pause]

WOMAN BEHIND US: I suppose you could try to eat that one, I mean, if the fire burned long enough then it's probably cooked all the way through.

[long pause]

WOMAN BEHIND US: Shoooore! We're at the Ohio State game now...yes, I know, it IS excitin' here in the city...alright we'd be glad to come over tonight and help you finish roastin' that pig!


At that point, I had to leave and go to the bathroom because I felt like trying to hold in my laughter any longer would lead to a collapsed lung.

6 comments:

Kiki said...

oh man, i miss ohio.

not really, but still. this is hilariously classic.

Katelin said...

Haha, this is awesome. I probably would have laughed out loud.

t.b.f.love. said...

did this seriously happen?! you are a better person than i am, to contain your laughter politely. i wouldn't have been able to help myself.

Anonymous said...

this is why i can NEVER be an ohio state fan. do you really feel okay being clumped together in a group with people like this?
:)

B2G said...

that is hysterical! i probably would have burst out laughing right there, though.

Virginia said...

Holding in my laughter was really hard...I'm surprised my rum & coke didn't spurt out my nose.

Maren: don't be a party pooper! If you're going to live in Columbus, you gotta accept some of the craziness. :)