Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Five

This post idea has been going around and it is just so clever, I can't resist chiming in too. The idea is that everyone--even those in serious relationships--has a list of five celebrities that they could hook up with and their significant other would be okay with it. Therefore, here are the top five celebrities that I would ditch my boyfriend for if given the opportunity. I don't think they require explanations. (Sidenote: clearly I love Alex very much and if I ever WAS in the situation where (1) I actually met these men and (2) they wanted to make out like we were high schoolers under the stadium bleachers, then that would be sort of a moral predicament. But really, there is like a 0.00001-to-the-bajillionth-power that this will ever, ever happen.) (Also please keep in mind that this list took a long time to compile, because I develop new crushes or change crushes totally based on whatever shows or movies I have seen recently.) (Enough with the parenthesis already!) The list:

#1: The Heroic, I-Want-to-Touch-Your-Gun Crush: Daniel Craig

#2: The Many Faceted, Loved-You-the-Moment-I-Saw-Newsies-a-Million-Years-Ago Crush: Christian Bale

#3: The Nerdy, I-Want-to-Show-You-My-Cubicle Crush: John Krasinski

#4: The Slightly Weird, You-Look-Like-a-Druggie-But-Make-a-Great-Pirate Crush: Johnny Depp

#5: The Beautiful, I-Want-to-Have-Your-Babies-But-Please-Don't-Give-Them-to-Angelina Crush: Brad Pitt


I debated adding Nicolas Cage to the list. I know, I know, I don't understand my sick fascination with him either. But it is what it is. How do you tell a heart that it is totally stark-raving mad? How do you tell someone who not to love? How do you catch a cloud and pin it down? These are Life's Big Questions.

And an honorable mention goes to crush #6: The Totally Inappropriate Crush: Michael Cera. I fell in love with him (and it's okay to say that--he's 19 now!) when he was on Arrested Development, which was quite possibly (I just wrote pissably and almost left it like that, haha) the funniest show ever. I still don't understand why it never got the recognition it deserved. Anyway, Michael is hilarious, has great comedic timing, and he is a pro at Looking Awkward, which is a fine trait in any young man. Other candidates for this category include Harry Potter (I mean, Daniel Radcliff) and Shia LaBeouf. And now that it's clear what a total loon I am, I'm going to bed. It's cold here in my room, the wine I drank earlier has clearly gone straight to my head, and all I want to do is snuggle under the covers and dream about Daniel Craig. Mmmmm.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christian Bale is one beautiful man! Everyone is having so much fun with this list that I think I will have to give it a try too.

nicole antoinette said...

I LOVE Newsies. You're great.

Oh, and I agree with Michael Cera and Daniel Radcliff, whole heartedly.

Le Petit Chic said...

That shot of Daniel Craig is one of my favorites. God, he is smoking hot! Mmhp.

Kiki said...

mmmmm Daniel Craig. Me and two of my gay boyfriends are going to see the Golden Compass next week and I'm pretty sure everyone in the theater is going to hate us for our gasping every time he comes on screen.

....lust.

Although I don't know if we can still be friends, knowing that you like Nicholas Cage. It's disturbing.

Jamie Lovely said...

3, 4 and 5.

YES PLEASE!

Michelle and the City said...

mm christian bale is yummy.

and i love "i-want-to-show-you-my-cubicle" LMAO

t.b.f.love. said...

Mmmm.... I love your choices. That's a fantastic picture of Christian Bale, and of course of Daniel Craig. Lovely!

longredcape said...

Christian Bale and Johnny Depp OOOOOOOOOHHHH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! Have you seen American Psycho? It show's CB's FANTABULOUS ASS! (Unless he used a body double. In which case, I still don't care. I can pretend.)

Also, I sort of understand the Michael Cera crush. I watched Superbad last night and I said the exact same thing to Kyle about his impeccable comedic timing!

Lisa said...

Thankyou somebody for finally putting John Krasinski on!

Okay Michael Cera? Is adorable. And he lives in the city next to mine... this could totally happen, right? I'm only 20. It's totally appropriate. Superbad was amazing.

Katelin said...

mmmmmmmmmChristian Bale and Newsies. I love that you love Newsies. Best movie ever. And good god Johnny is so hot no matter what he does...mmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

um - literally am having very inappropriate thoughts while sitting at my work desk.

i wrote about newsies way back in early november (http://damselindigress.wordpress.com/2007/11/04/sparks-in-the-morning-sparks-in-the-evening-sparks-at-supper-time-when-sparks-is-on-a-bagel/) before all we fabulous people found each other through 20something bloggers! i'm so glad to see the newsies shout out bc i love people who love newsies :)

also, that is a faaaab pic of cb. and daniel craig is my #1 and apparently my boyfriend approves because some people think he looks like him (albiet a much skinnier version). aaand. um. i completely understand the nicolas cage thing. i love gone in 60 seconds. ok i said it.

Eyes As Windows said...

#3 is my fav... so adorable... I like the goofy ones.

Eyes As Windows said...

#3 is my fav... so adorable... I like the goofy ones.

Anonymous said...

Darling I simply cannot argue with your taste!!

Gorgeous men, all of them!

ANA said...

This list is spreading like an infectious virus, I must indulge some too. Christian bale mmmmmm...
BTW happened upon you through Lisa's recommendation, adding you to my list of reads :)

B2G said...

shia lebeouf could never be on my list, solely for the fact that i'll always remember him as louis on "even stevens." also, his last name is lebeouf. is that wrong?

Dolce said...

Yum, Christian Bale. Once I almost licked the TV while I was watching Christian doing sit-ups in American Psycho he was so gorgeous. Ooh, now I sound like a psycho.

Valley Girl said...

Mmmmmmmm...all yummish!!!

alyndabear said...

I love that we have the same fascination with Nicolas Cage. I don't know what it is about him, either ....

Cute pics!

Lisa said...

EXCELLENT list. You're hilarious! I-Want-to-Touch-Your-Gun Crush?! Totally with you there. Also, hi, Johnny Depp? *Swoon* I love your blog! I'm adding you to my blogroll, okay?

cmrpaul said...

You took the words right out of my mouth. Daniel Craig is delicious!!


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!