Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Fairy Tale Tuesday

Two agonizingly long weeks ago, my friend Aaron mentioned on the fly that he met Anne Hathaway (the actress, not William Shakespeare's wife, that would be creepy and I would worry about my poor, sick friend if that was who he thought he'd met). Clearly meeting a celebrity and being excited about it is sooo passe. Aaron emailed me a picture of the two of them that was taken at whatever gala it was in New York City where they met. And then he refused to speak of it anymore until he posted the pictures on Facebook (what a tool).

And then nothing happened. I was ready to invent my own story about how Aaron and Anne met. It was going to fuse together all of Anne's movies, yet star Aaron (well, and Anne too, at the very end):

Aaron starts out as an ordinary guy who is oppressed by his evil stepmother, but then runs away and seeks the heart of a fair maiden. Along the way he discovers that he has been placed under a magical curse that makes him totally irresistible whenever he wears high fashion couture. He takes an apprenticeship with a really famous yet ridiculously rude and insecure designer and they travel to Australia for inspiration (Aaron was actually born and raised in Australia, FYI). While down unda' Aaron discovers that his real father is actually the king and wants to pass the throne to Aaron, despite the fact that he has no experience ruling countries and whatnot. Thankfully, Aaron has an unfortunately ugly friend and a snooty butler who can help him get used to his new responsibilities while still maintaining his quirkiness and fostering his artistic talent. Then Aaron goes on a trip back to New York to prepare for fashion week, where he attends a historically-themed gala and falls in love with the quick-witted Anne Hathaway, clad in a beautiful gown from the 1790s, who is writing a book based loosely on her life that will become one of the greatest romance novels of all time.Together they start their own uber-expensive clothing line and also rule Australia together, and all Aussies and kangaroos and wallabies and dingos wear beautiful clothes and live in blissful, happy harmony forever and ever.

The End.

But no, the REAL (and very unimaginative) story is that Aaron's godmother (with whom he is very close and who is sort of a big deal in New York) took him to a fundraising gala and Anne was one of the speakers. Before dessert, Aaron's godmother introduced him to a bunch of celebs, including Meryl Streep, Robin Williams, Barbara Walters, and our lady of mystery, Anne Hathaway. In Aaron's own heartwrenching words: "After that night I was in love with Anne Hathaway for a few weeks, but I came to terms that celebrity crushes never work out." Come now, Aaron! You will NEVER secure the throne of Genovia--er, I mean, Australia--if you adopt that attitude!!

18 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's so cool! I desperately wish I was connected in some way to someone who was connected to the upper echelons of New York so I could meet famous people. I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

I <3 Anne Hathaway. She's amazing.

Although where were the Brokeback Mountain and Havoc references. In both movies she showed her boobs.

I'm just saying...it would add a nice twist :)

Michelle and the City said...

wow must be nice! but i like your story better :)

Katelin said...

Haha, your story is definitely better. But I am still jealous of Aaron. She seems like she'd be so nice. You should put up the pic with her, it's tre cute. :)

Dolce said...

That was just what I needed to get me through this Tuesday. I like to hear there are nice celebrities out there!

Maxie said...

Why does everyone get to meet celebrities except for me... whyyyy?

Anonymous said...

lolsss virginia. you always crack me up!

(did i really use "lolsss" to signify laughter? YEAH, i did. what of?)

Kay said...

just stopping to say hi...wow i think that little fairy tale story of your's can be made into a book, you have a knack for it. but what a funny story about your friend =)

t.b.f.love. said...

Hahaha, I liked this story. I may or may not have The Princess Diaries/2 on DVD... among other, much more intellectual films, of course...

Renee said...

Whatever, one of my dearest friends looks just like her, so that's almost as cool, right? Hahaha.

Elle said...

I like the banner picture change :)

t.b.f.love. said...

New! Pretty! I like the picture - it's beautiful.

B2G said...

Love the new layout! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new layout!!

love.

did i mention i love it?

Jamie Lovely said...

thats a great picture in your header!

Julie Q said...

thats still a cool story in my book!

btw the new banner/title is AWESOME! What an awesome pic

Lisa said...

Hmm. I was supposed to watch The Devil Wears Prada the other day, but I got distracted. This post is making me want to make up for that. Also, I prefer your story so much more to the real thing.

Get Me an Entertainment Job said...

SO FUNNY!!

the fairy tale version is definitely an improvement over real life :) i imagine he and Anne could have been very happy together in the magical land of ... Australia.