Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Celebrity Sighting

Tonight, I was driving home from a friend's house (we had just finished watching the first season of Lost on DVD and eating Oreos and mini-cheesecakes...all in all, a fabulous evening) and I was stopped at the light at the end of my exit ramp for-eeeev-er. As the number of cars began to increase behind me, I wondered if the light was broken. Or if I hadn't pulled forward far enough to trip the sensor thingermabob. I kept inching forward, waiting for my turn to go, when all of a sudden six (SIX!) sleek limousines swept through the intersection to get onto the highway. I live in downtown Columbus, so I figured something really big was going on. Because, you know, I live in COLUMBUS, where limos are used only for prom. And for...nope, only prom. As I sat there still waiting for the damn light to change, I began to think about who in the world could have been in those limos:

1. The queen. Hey, it could happen.
2. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Perhaps checking out a new place to host the Arnold Classic, loved and attended by bodybuilders the world over (though I quickly nixed that idea, because undoubtedly he has people to do that for him).
3. Bow Wow (ne Lil' Bow Wow) has finally come home! Ring the alarm for a ticker tape parade for our (one) local celebrity!
4. A nearby high school has decided to have prom a few months early. Maybe teenage drinking has become a huge problem and this is how the superintendent has taken matters into his own hands, throwing caution to the wind and telling his wife he'll be damned if he has to take away prom, no child deserves that, despite all the eggs that will be chucked at his house and toilet paper strewn in his trees because it's a Tuesday and fun proms just can't happen on Tuesdays.

And that's it. It crossed my mind that it could have been a musician of some sort who had just finished a concert, but it was only 9:45pm and what kind of concert ends that early?You know what kind of concert ends that early? THE HANNAH MONTANA CONCERT. Yeah. I totally saw Hannah Montana's--I mean, Miley Cyrus's limos leaving to go back to (I assume) the airport. Or a very posh airport hotel (is that an oxymoron?).

Two quick thoughts on all of this.
1. She is only 15 years old?!
2. Who the heck was in the other five limos?? And how can I be one of them?

No matter, I am going to tell all of my co-workers tomorrow that I saw Hannah Montana in person, because if the windows had been rolled down, that would have sooo been true.

18 comments:

Susie said...

Haha so funny! Or it could have been 9-year-old girls whose parents spent $1,000 on each Hannah Montana ticket AND got them limos to see the show. Hehe just saying...Still, def. say you saw Hannah!

Also, when I was in London, I really did see the Queen in her towncar. I was walking into the road and all these police started screaming at me to get back. I jumped back on the sidewalk and saw her sitting in the backseat. No tinted windows even!

Valley Girl said...

Cool! That totally counts!

Miriam said...

Haha! SO by proxy that means you also saw Billy Ray Cyrus! :)


http://lspoon.wordpress.com

Unnaturally Blonde said...

Celebrity sightings are great. One of my guy friends came into work the other day asking who the hell was Hannah Montana? He said that was all he has heard on the radio for days!!

nicole antoinette said...

You have full rights to say you saw Hannah Montana- in fact, I think you could fudge it a little bit and say you met her and she invited you into one of the limos. No? Creepy?

Anonymous said...

hahahahahah: Because, you know, I live in COLUMBUS, where limos are used only for prom. And for...nope, only prom. (i'm from that kind of town too)

did you hear the PRICES people are paying for tickets to her concert?? it's so ridiculous!

Katelin said...

Haha, I love Hannah Montana. My coworker and I will watch it during our lunch break on occasion. Yes she is only 14 and a bagillionaire, ah the good life.

Stephanie said...

I love that you said you saw Hannah Montana. I mean, if you had x-ray vision you would've seen her.

SO COOL!

Michelle and the City said...

Oreos AND mini cheesecakes? those are like my two favorite sweets in the world! and yes miley cyrus graced our wonderful town last night. all the little teeny boppers were so excited.

and we use limos for other things here... like... well no i guess not. lol. maybe weddings! :)

Bogart said...

Not only do you have Jenny's Ice Creame, but you have the pop star to boot...I think I moved to the wrong state.

Nice Blog by the way...

B2G said...

ha! love it. you always make me laugh.

alyndabear said...

Hannah Montana has a limo. I've never been in a limo. I think I hate Hannah Montana!

Get Me an Entertainment Job said...

Man, what a rock-star life! I would love to have been 15 and adored all over the U.S. and gotten LIMO RIDES everywhere. Unlike those lucky Columbus high schoolers, i didn't even get a limo for prom! Boo!!

t.b.f.love. said...

Hey that's cool! Even if it was Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana and not Daniel Craig/Christian Bale... maybe next time?

Maxie said...

A radio station here is having some weird contest where a kids parent can come live in some Hannah Montana House (kind of like big brother, I think) and they have contests and stuff... they live there 1 week and the last one standing gets tickets... way crazier than anything I remember when I was a tween or teen!

http://redshrt04.wordpress.com

Julie Q said...

if you're going to tell your coworkers, you might as well throw in the fact that she stuck her head out of the limo's sunroof while swiggin' back a bottle of jack daniels!!! they'll soak that up

and why am i the only chump with a pasta youtube video on her blog? haha can u just post one too?1?! :)

Eyes As Windows said...

Oh you totally did see her! I'd back you up!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting story. When a big event happens many people like to travel in style with the best chaueffer services they can find. That is why they look at getting limo hire for the big day. Proms, weddings, and even just a party night out so they look like a big shot it is a big deal to roll up in a limo and have the driver open the door for you.