Tuesday, February 12, 2008

To Pee or Not to Pee: A Poll!

I am spoiled rotten. I have not set foot in an office since last Tuesday (today is a snow day here in Columbus!) and I have done nothing but stuff my face with unhealthy deliciousness, lots of liquor, and very few vegetables ever since. Breckenridge was AMAZING! I'd post some pictures, but they are sadly trapped on Alex's camera at the moment. I'll get them this weekend.

Things that I have done over the past week:

--Flown to Denver and driven two hours to Breckenridge to spend five days in an enormous house a stone's throw away from the slopes. With 22 other people. And a liquor budget of $1500.

--Discovered that my favorite new drink is Bacardi Peach with Sprite. Does this simple concoction have a name? Something like "Amazing Drink Please Make It For Me Now Bartender"?

--Realized that going an entire MONTH without seeing Alex makes me quite emotional and willing to find a place in the airport to make out (trust me dude, no one would have seen us).

--Seen lots of snow. Lots and lots of snow. Piles of it often taller than me.

--Skied all day Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Despite not having strapped on a pair of boots since high school, I managed not to wipe out too many times or fall off the chairlift. I even went down a black diamond.

--Took 35 minutes to go down my one black diamond. Nearly started to cry big fat tears when I was halfway down, because it was SO difficult and falling down a mountain fucking hurts. Instead, raised a be-mittened fist towards the heavens and cursed God for not creating better "Deadly Moguls Ahead - Turn Back Now!" signs.

--Learned that there are muscles in my legs that I didn't know existed.

--Had more mimosas than once thought humanly possible for breakfast on Saturday, then proceeded to pass out at noon. Woke up a few hours later just as everyone else was returning from the slopes. Apparently I am the master of perfect timing.

--Spent hours and hours in the hot tub. Those things are amazing...especially when it's 2 degrees outside, there are three feet of snow on the ground, and you can convince your friends to race to that far tree and back wearing only their swimsuits. And no shoes.

So yes, the trip was really fun. And now, A POLL! I have no idea how we stumbled onto this topic of conversation, but there was a raging debate throughout the trip between all of the housemates: Is it okay to pee in the shower? Certain members of the house found this absolutely revolting (I call them traitors, because who the heck hasn't peed in the shower at least once). Others (mostly guys) thought it was totally fine, especially if you did it before you soaped off. And then there were a lot of people who were on the fence (i.e., too embarrassed to admit that they peed in the shower). Your thoughts? To pee or not to pee?

(I don't know how this post went from a retelling of my vacation into a poll on urinating in non-toilet spaces. So umm...happy Tuesday!)

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, please don't judge. YOU ASKED. 1) Pee is sterile. For real. 2) Therefore, it is totally okay to do it in the shower. 3) As long as you don't do it on anyone else without getting permission first. ;)

I'm glad you had a GREAT time!!

Katelin said...

Sounds like an absolutely fabulous trip. Can't wait to see the pictures!

And as for peeing, guilty party of one here. I have peed in the shower. But I don't do it if someone else is in there with me. That is a no, no.

:)

Lisa said...

I don't do it (not saying I haven't done it) because the shower is right next to the toilet anyway, but it's not the worst thing in the world if someone did. First off, it's your own piss. I wonder what it is they drink (the people disgusted with the thought of pissing in the shower) that makes them find their own urine so revolting? (That logic does not however, and thankfully so, apply to fecal matter. I can't believe I'm even going there.)

There's water and soap right there with you anyway. If there's anything not okay with pissing in the shower, it's more about how lazy people are (the toilet's right next to the shower!), not hygiene. This is of course assuming they soaped off after the deed.

Man, I can't believe this is the second time I've said all of the above within six hours. This seems to be the topic of the day.

freeandflawed said...

If nature calls....

Anonymous said...

Well, I saw this title in the 20SB feed and I HAD to see what on earth it was all about! I guess I'd count myself amongst those embarrassed to admit that I've done it before, but I now feel so liberated seeing that I'm not alone!

That being said, my first choice would be the toilet, but sometimes it's just necessary!

Anonymous said...

peeing in the shower is okay if...it's the first thing you do, no one else is in there with you, and two you make sure it all goes down the drain.

Stephanie said...

Everyone would be lying if they said they have never peed in the shower once. EVERYONE HAS. I don't do it on a regular basis and actually haven't done it in years, but it happens. It goes right down the drain and you wash yourself immediately following, so it's really not a big deal.

B2G said...

I MISSED YOU! I'm glad you're back and it sounds like you had an amazing time. To pee or not to pee? I feel that if the drain is at all slow, then the answer is no way Jose. But, for the most part, the occasional lazy pee is okay. I say lazy because who suddenly gets the urge once they're already in the shower? You totally make the choice. :P

Lacey Bean said...

Your shower = yes
Other people's showers = big fat NO.

:)

Michelle and the City said...

how can you not have to pee once you hear/see water running?!

tiff said...

I don't remember ever peeing in my shower. I'm not saying I think it's a horrible thing, maybe something that shouldn't become a habit, but not a vile disgusting thing.

But you are talking about peeing in the shower WHILE showering right? Not just hopping in the shower whilst fully clothed and letting her rip? Or while your S.O. is on the john? Cause I definitely don't think that's acceptable.

S said...

I have always believed you should never pee in the shower... oh hang on or is that you should never admit to peeing in the shower.

Vanessa said...

Glad you had a fabulous time! Can't wait to see pictures. The shower? And peeing? I've done it once, but its kinda gross.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, i wouldn't be "The Girl from the Ghetto" if I didn't admit that yes, I have peed in the shower. My god, I just blogged how I had a dream that I pissed in Steven Tyler's shower.

Your vacation sounds great!

Anonymous said...

I agree that it's okay as long as you haven't WASHED yet. I mean, honestly, it's like impossible to not HAVE to pee once I get in the shower. I'm just saying!

Also, I'm glad your trip went well. I'm totes jealous!

Anonymous said...

I always feel like George Castanza on this subject...there's drain! And seriously even when you do pee before you get in the shower sometimes when the warm water hits you, you have to go all over again. And I've always been untold it's unhealthy to hold your pee.

And can I come on your next vacay? I can't ski but I can cook and make a mean drink :)

Andrea said...

So jealous! It really sounds like you had an awesome week. We have snow in Pittsburgh, but no snow day at my work.

As for the pee issue, I'm definitely no pee. Too gross for me. Even brushing your teeth in the shower grosses me out, but that's just me.

nicole antoinette said...

I'm so jealous of that alcohol budget and hot tub time.. Mmmm. Oh and peeing in the shower? yep. I don't do it on purpose, but.. I mean.. c'mon. It's no big deal. It's not like I'm taking monster shits while I condition my hair or anything.

t.b.f.love. said...

I am sooooo jealous of your trip! It sounds like an amazing time - yayy! As for the peeing poll... I'm a no, but I don't have a problem with it.

The Underpaid Princess said...

Welcome back!

I have tried to pee in the shower, but I just can't do it! I have also tried to pee while swimming in a lake, and I can't do that either. It just won't work!

Donna said...

Okay, so yes, I've done it; but it's been a long time. This totally gives me an idea for my next post.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally for peeing in the shower, I'd rather know someone peed in my shower, than they got out of the shower, sat their wet ass on my toilet and drained water all over my bathroom. No. Thanks.

Susie said...

I didn't even know they made peach bacardi. I guess I'll have to test that one out, huh??

Hmmm to peeing in the shower. I guess I don't have a particular problem with it, I'd just rather not know about it, you know? What I don't know won't hurt me. Because it's true that it is sterile...

Bogart said...

Sounds like you had a great time...

I say pee away...

The real question should be is it okay to pee in the shower when someone else is in there?

Phantom Hater said...

I'm of the opinion that those who claim to be against peeing in the shower just don't want to admit they have done it. If you have been extremely drunk a time or two or two thousand, you know that the two or so feet to the toilet is just way too far to manage. You're washing off all sorts of nasty dirt and germs anyway from your body, and a little bit of urine isn't going to ruin anything.

There are, however, a few matters of protocol--aim for the drain, don't give the rubber ducky a golden shower, and try not to pee on her loofah.

Just to take it a little further, sometimes if you get a nice solid stream going you can manage to take off a layer of ring around the tub. Bonus!

Who? Me? said...

In my household, we're a little backwards. I pee in the shower, my husband doesn't. We have just a shower now, no tub, in the master bath so the drain is huge and right in the middle of the floor. If I can hit it, he can too.

Anonymous said...

ANyone who says they have never peed on the shower is iether a) lying or b)wearing a diaper

I say it's okay if abosolutely neccessary

Le Petit Chic said...

I yell at my husband for doing it, but shhh...I have totally done it too :) Well, I really only yell at him if I'm in the bathroom when he does it because the smell grosses me out. I would never do it in someone else's shower though.
Glad you had such a fun trip!!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Isnt it the BEST thing when youre outside and its freezing or snowing and youre all toasty warm in a hot tub. god I love that.

B said...

hahahaha, that question is hilarious. I say, to each their own!

Oh, and the bacardi peach/sprite drink? I SO need to try that. asap.