For the past few months, I have been searching desperately for something to replace my heinous fake Uggs. They're dirty, the fur on the inside is wearing down to the scratchy fabric, and they don't look so awesome under or over my favorite pair of jeans (which I LIVE in during the weekend). This is a severe problem. Plus, my fUggs don't hold up well in the snow, slush, and other wet nastiness of winter. And on top of THAT, I'm going skiing in a month and require something that I can easily pull on/off when not screaming like a madwoman and flying uncontrollably down the slopes at a million miles per hour.
I have checked website after website, visited store after store, and while there are ample pairs of adorable boots that I yearn to own, none have met my very specific (and yet NOT unreasonable!) criteria. At one point, I caved and bought an unsatisfying pair of rain boots from Target. Sure, they were really cute, but I'd have to wear three pairs of thick socks to keep my feet warm (I tend to get cold rather easily). Wearing them under a pair of pants would never be an option either--the top rim, which came almost to my knee, was just too wide. I returned the boots in despair, telling myself that maybe soggy, smelly fUggs would be okay for an entire week of skiing...I would just tell the rest of the folks on the trip that it was Alex who smelled like a wet dog, not me. It'd be believable.
But on Friday, I stumbled upon my new boots on pure happenstance. Luck. Destiny, perhaps. And I knew almost immediately that I had found The Ones. (It took more time to decide what color I wanted than to decide whether or not I wanted--nay, NEEDED--these boots.)
You can find the Tretorn Skerry Vinter here, from the lovely folks at Piperlime. The Swedes are brilliant, apparently. Just look at them! Like any rain boots, they are waterproof, but they only come up to my mid-calf and look fantastic under my jeans. The best feature of all is the fur on the inside. Y'all, it is like BUTTER. So soft and smooth and silky against my skin! Sure, the fur may not be necessary in the heavy heat of summer, but I can cross that bridge when I get to it. And there is ample room for me to wear a thick pair of socks if needed. So after searching for many, many moons and questioning whether or not boots like this really even existed or were just the wild figments of my imagination, my quest has come to an end. I am saved! My feet are tingling with unbridled joy inside of my new boots right this second, even though I am wearing pajamas and sitting in my bed. Don't worry--the boots aren't dirty yet, it's okay to let them touch my sheets. And I promise I will take them off before I actually go to sleep. Maybe.
21 comments:
you can keep them on...for as long as you want...they look nice and superbly comfy.....
See I have the opposite problem. My feet get hot so easily. I could never wear uggs for a whole day.
I ALMOST BOUGHT THOSE TODAY!
but the only colours they had left were bright pink or white. White would get dirty and the pink was too bright to match with anything. I want them so much. They are so nice! Weeeee I am jealous.
Oh those are super cute! I could have used them this weekend when I was paddling around town in the pouring rain, oy.
If I wasn't moving to SoCal on Saturday, I'd buy these.
cute!! and upscale wellie. sayonora fuggs (fake uggs)
Those are soooo adorable!! Now I want a pair. And I seriously cannot purchase any more shoes, boots or otherwise. Ughhhh why did you do this to me???
Let us know if they continue being comfy walking away and stuff!
They do look super cosy. I'm not convinced they go with pyjamas though.
All fur lined shoes rock my socks. My feet are ALWAYS cold!
I need to invest in some cute boots. My fake uggs are hideous!
I just scored some gorgeous boots (wellies, to be precise) from Banana R. and am loving them as well. They are red and checkered. Ah. Sigh of contentment...
oooo...I like themmm.......I need some new boots too, yesterday I made my boots into toes slushies so much snow comes through the bottom.
Oh my gosh, those are so adorable!! I love the color...it's so different yet, beautiful all the same :) Hooray for finding new boots!
They ARE cute! I love stomping around in boots. Those look PERFECT for the cold. I want!
Cute!
I'm convinced that finding the perfect boots is more difficult than shopping for a wedding dress.
Dude I totally have those boots!!! They are the best!!!!
Those are so cute! I wear mu Uggs almost every day when I'm walking the dog or on the weekends, they are so warm and comfy. These look like something I should invest in, they are multi-purpose boots too, both rain and shine...now just to pick some colors.
These sound heavenly.... I'm a sucker for warm boots, especially when they have fur inside.
Cute, yet functional! The perfect boot.
hi. i already own maybe 23421 pairs of boots. but these? will have to be my 23422th pair. and probably the only pair i wear from hence forward.
great detective work, nancy drew! the case of the perfect cold weather boot can now be closed.
also? i'm hoping you wore them to bed. that so sounds like something i would do. and you know ... sometimes it's nice to know you're not alone in this big wide world.
i wish i could say i'm drinking something to explain these rambling, nonsensical comments. i've clearly not taken my own advice to go to bed.
these are adorable, but as I like to tuck my boots into my rain boots (like a farmer or a fisher) i'm settling on a pair of hunter wellies and a thick pair of hunter socks.
Good find, nevertheless!
Post a Comment