Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Very Own ABCs

Lovingly stolen from Nicole Antoinette, whose blog you should DEFINITELY be reading if you aren't already.

A - Age: 23 (I know that isn't very old, but sometimes it feels like it)
B - Band listening to right now: The Juno soundtrack. It is amazing! And not just because it features Michael Cera's lovely voice and I can imagine that he is singing to me. If you haven't listened to it yet, do it NOW. C - Career future: I would love to write. Or have my own fine paper, stationary, and small-cute-things shop. Would anyone like to invest?
D - Dad’s name: Bill (William). If I had been a boy, I'd be William III. I'm glad I was a girl.
E - Easiest person to talk to: Oooh it totally depends on what we're talking about.
F - Favorite type of shoe: ballet flats. They add no height to my paltry 5'1", but they are so dang comfortable. And cute.

G – Grapes or Grapefruit: Grapes! And white grape juice!! I am OBSESSED.
H – Hometown: Columbus, Ohio. And I went to college 45 minutes away. And now I'm back. Don't feel bad for me--I have traveled a LOT and someday I will move away. Just not quite yet.
I – Instrumental talent: I took piano lessons for many years and was decent, I suppose, but then other things in high school (boys) became much more interesting. Boys trump practicing the piano.

J – Juice of choice: White grape. OBSESSED.
K – Koala Bear or Panda Bear: Oh my. Well if there was a fire and I had to save one from the zoo, a koala bear would be easier to carry. But if I needed a ride through the jungles of Asia, a panda bear would indeed be more useful. A panda would also be a better snuggler at night when it got chilly. And they seem sillier. So panda it is.L - Longest car ride ever: There were two summers in middle school when my parents, the fools that they are, decided to pack up the car and drive from Columbus to Denver. It took two days and there were many fights, tears, and desperate screams of "PULL OVERRRRR!!!!" when I thought I was going to be carsick.
M – Middle name: Anne. So basically, I'm VA twice over. Not only is it the abbreviation for the state of Virginia, but it's my first two initials.
N - Number of jobs you’ve had: It all began when I was a library assistant during my freshman year of high school. I'd have to reshelve all the picture books (it was hell) and ended up sitting between the stacks and reading them all instead. Then I worked in a locally-owned toy store over summer and winter breaks (MORE hell) in high school and college. While in college, I worked in the mailroom at the student union and also rang the bells in the chapel tower. My favorite tune was "Iron Man." And (for now) I am a financial consultant at a non-profit.

O- OCD traits: Oooh where to begin. I love to clean. Like, all the time. Especially the kitchen countertops. I also love to vacuum. Over the holidays when we had a real tree, it took all of my strength and willpower not to vacuum under the tree every single day. There were SO many needles! I may or may not have developed an ulcer from all the stress I kept bottled up inside.
P - Phobia[s]: Clowns. UGH.
Q - Quote: Okay, I have two, and of course they are from historical figures. "Friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life; and thanks to a benevolent arrangement of things, the greater part of life is sunshine" (Thomas Jefferson). "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" (Helen Keller).

R - Reason to smile: I just made some deliciously fantastic hot chocolate.
S - Song you sang last: "Don't Stop Believin'" was playing on the radio on my way to work this morning, so of course I belted it out. You can't say no to Journey.
T - Time you wake up: I set the alarm(s) for 6:50am, but usually don't drag myself out of bed for another half an hour. And on the weekends, look out, because I can sleep in until early afternoon. So don't call me until after that.
U - Unknown fact about me: I once threw up in the Vatican. And not in a toilet. I suppose it could have been a toilet for dogs, because it was a BUSH. I am going to hell, I know. Maybe I'll write more about this later.V - Vegetable you hate: LIMA BEANS. They are gross and there's something about the texture that gives me the willies.
W - Worst habit: Playing with my hair. And pulling out the really crinkly strands. I worry that someday I'll wake up and discover I've gone bald.
X - X-rays you’ve had: My teeth (duh) and the ringfinger on my left hand. Last summer, a football hit it the wrong way and I heard a snap and totally thought it was broken (and that is NOT a finger you want all mangled up). Oh, and also my right knee. I took a nasty spill once when I was skiing, but I got to ride on the back of a snowmobile so it was worth it.Y - Yummiest food my belly likes: Cheese. And desserts of any form. And also the butterflies it gets when it sees pictures of Christian Bale and Daniel Craig.
Z - Zodiac sign: Leo, THE LION! Though that is not why my sister started calling me Mufasa when we were little. That is another story entirely.

25 comments:

Fried Hair Girl said...

OMG all i saw was the juno soundtrack and i HAD to comment. being that we are m.c's BIGGERST fans. i said i had to have the soundtrack the day the movie came out when i saw it (and i said it again the other 2 times i saw it too. dont judge. haha) that sound track "is totally boss" haha!! glad you're loving it as much as i am!

LSB said...

Haha, that list cracked me up... I might have to make one of my own! I really can't tell you enough how much I love your blog :)

Lisa said...

I am glad we share such a penchant for hot chocolate

Jamie Lovely said...

How fun would a stationary, paper, cute things store be to own? You'd have to let me come work for you!

Susie said...

omg I can't wait to hear your Vatican story! Sounds like a good one :)

And I totally want to do the stationary store too!

Anonymous said...

You threw up at the Vatican. Do I even need to tsk?

Katelin said...

I just got the Juno soundtrack yesterday, looooove it.

And I love your reasoning for panda bears, haha. You crack me up.

nicole antoinette said...

Okay Miss. Just stop it. I want to comment on every single one of your letters (don't worry, I won't) and tell you over and over again how funny and adorable you are.

Instead, I'll just say 1. thanks for the lovely shout out (coming from you it means a lottttt), 2. that panda picture makes my heart happy, 3. Don't Stop Believin makes me even happier, and 4) The Vatican? haha you kill me.

Vanessa said...

Wanna come to my house and vacuum? The new Dyson just arrived! I'll cook you something yummy and serve cheese apps too! AND? I'll get the countertops because I too have that obsession.

ANA said...

Juno has a happy soundtrack, me like :)
and the pandas and white grape juice....yes
and I love all fire signs, so you are my newest blog crush *fluttering my eyelids* not just because you are a Leo but also cause you are overall adorable...

ANA said...

Oh and I forgot to write about the Yummmy picture, makes me wanna stuff my face with...

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I think I'll steal this idea, since everyone is doing it, I should jump on the blog bandwagon.

Oh and that cheesecake.....looks..like. HEAVEN.

Bee said...

Oh, how cute is that panda. I want to see Juno too...
Clown phobia - Yes! Strange men dressed up in ruffles wearing face paint and juggling. Hmm.

SLynnRo said...

Um, I admittedly didn't read the entire list because I got so distracted by that panda and chocolate cake pictures.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you threw up at the Vatican!

And I'm so obsessed with Journey, I can't wait till their new album comes out so they will go on tour!!

Kay said...

great list! i want to see juno, i know it is completely different then the movie saved with mandy moore, but they are similar that they involve teen pregnanct too.

J.L. Williams said...

I loved this too cute!

Anonymous said...

that was super fun to read, va!

jen

Michelle and the City said...

clowns give me the creeps too!

Tina Poe said...

I'll take one Christian Bale covered in chocolate mouse cheesecake riding a panda bear, please. Thanks.

longredcape said...

I know a girl who looks like a lion, and everyone called her Mufasa. It was mean, but funneh :)

And I play with my hair WAY too much, too. Especially when I straighten it.

Larissa said...

Ooooh, can I co-own the fine paper/stationary/small-cute-things shop with you? Pretty please???

Seeking Him said...

Letter "C"- You remind me of my friend Chloe at English Tea Paperie! She totally started that kind of store all by herself and is doing great. Go for it!

Bogart said...

Nice...I might have to steal this idea...and love the quotes.

t.b.f.love. said...

Me too on the white grape juice! It is the best. And I'm with you on the OCD traits... and the cheese... and quite a few others. But not the puking at the Vatican - I need to read that!