Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Year Off

Okay. Soooo I took a year off from blogging. I don't know if anyone is actually going to read this...if my blog is still on anyone's radar anymore (and I certainly don't blame them if it isn't) or if I'm back to square one, where the bulk of my page views came from me checking every 20 minutes to see if any comments had been made.

That's okay. I don't really mind being back at square one. I can go into detail about how last spring was hellaciously busy and stressful and whatever as I left one job and went to another, where I was in over my head and too dazzled by the newness of it all to realize that I might be making a huge mistake (or at the very least accepting fewer vacation days every year in return for a change of workplace-scenery). I can justify the hiatus until the cows come home, but the simple truth of the matter is that I didn't make time for blogging.

And I missed it. Terribly. But every time I started to write a post, my conscience kicked in and told me that I needed to go finish some project first, or my body so violently repelled the idea of sitting in front of a computer for even LONGER after doing so all day that I put it off again, and by the time I came back to the post I'd begun, it seemed stale and worthless because I'd probably just go and disappear for another few months.

But what's done is done. C'est la vie. A lot has happened in the past year, but none of it is really important enough to rehash now except for one tiny little miniscule life-changing detail, which is that I got engaged. [insert squeals of glee here] I don't even know what to say about it...Alex proposed months and months ago over Labor Day weekend and I still get that excited butterfly feeling in my stomach every time I think about it. The wedding is in six months. SIX. That's...really soon (at least it feels like it is).

More on that later. But yes. I am back.

24 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh! Welcome back!

Katelin said...

i would like to be the first to officially welcome you back :)

woo!

Katelin said...

or the second, haha.

Kiki said...

yaaay! hello hello!

brandyismagic said...

I'm glad you are back! And congratulations on the wedding news!!

Julie Q said...

holy crap its been a year?!?!?!

welcome back and CONGRATS! on your upcoming nuptials

Amanda said...

Wow, I found your blog right after I started blogging (and I join the chorus of "I can't believe it's been a year!") and really enjoyed it, so I'm glad you are back! Congrats on the wedding!

B said...

OH MY GOD!! It is SO freakin' good to see that you're back!!!

And congratulations!!!!

Megan said...

Yay, welcome back! And congratulations!

The Casual Perfectionist said...

Yay! You're back! You're in my GoogleReader, so imagine my surprise to see an update! Yay!

Congrats on the engagement...and I can't wait to hear more from you!

Maxie said...

congrats and so glad you're back!

Chris said...

I missed you muchly! Congrats! I am engaged as well...getting married in October! And, I'm now at shutupandtalktome.wordpress.com. Though I haven't posted in a while either...

Hillary said...

welcome back!
and congratulations :)

Larissa said...

Hey, you! Welcome back!!!

And congratulations on getting engaged...very cool!

Renee said...

Congrats on the engagement! My own wedding is 4 months away. ACK. So glad you're back. My blog is now defunct (job stuff) but I love to read 'em still!

Who? Me? said...

Welcome back! congratulations on the engagement! It's great that you feel the little tingles :)

Lisa said...

HOORAY! You're one of my favourites! WELCOME BACK!

Michelle and the City said...

i've already told you congratulations but i came to say YAY you're blogging again!! this makes me happy :)

p.s. i think we need to get a drink soon!

nicole antoinette said...

Okay, we've obviously already done the "OMG ENGAGEMENT!" thing (but, um, congrats again!!) and as for you being back to blogging?

ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.

Thank goodness.

alyndabear said...

Hey! It is SO great to see you blogging again, was exciting to see my feed reader light up. Woohoo!

Keep in touch. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Imagine my shock when I saw you on my google reader! Since you last blogged, you got engaged and ooh, so did I! :) Congrats to you! Mine is in 7 months...are you freaking out about things as badly as I am?! haha

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Still here!!

Susie said...

omg hi!! I just got back from a 3 month break and am sooo psyched to see you here too. I've always been a fan of you and your blog!

And super congrats on getting engaged!!! SO exciting. You're still on my reader and can't wait to hear how all your planning is going!!

Vanessa said...

Welcome back and HUGE congrats on getting engaged!