Thursday, April 23, 2009

Okay, Nevermind, I Lied, COME BACK!

One day when I was in kindergarten, a classmate of mine named Blair gave me a stuffed monkey as we were playing on the swings during recess (I can't remember why). And being the creative girl that I have apparently always been, I named him Monkey. Blair and I never went on to become great friends, but my love for Monkey grew and grew. I couldn't take him to school with me (I was already the short, shy kid who owned too many turtlenecks and eventually sported the biggest glasses known to mankind) but he was there when I got home and I slept with him tucked in my armpit every night when I went to sleep (as already stated, I was a weird kid).

Years passed and Monkey became really worn and ratty. I'm sure he smelled bad and was covered in drool, because shhhh sometimes I drool in my sleep. It happens. As she would do periodically, there came a day where Mom made Sarah and I go through our toys in the playroom in order to give some of them away to charity. I must have been feeling brave/grownup/stupid, because I decided that Monkey's time had come. Pshaw! I didn't need him anymore! And just like that, my Velveteen Rabbit (I mean, Monkey) was gone. I cried for days. Like kids do, though, I eventually got over it, but the memory of the mistake that I had made stuck with me. I'd like to say that I now think things through super carefully all the time, but of course I don't.

Case and point. So that new blog that I posted about yesterday? My big, grand plan to re-enter the blogosphere with a shiny new look and name and everything? Almost as soon as I posted about it, I regretted my decision. It didn't feel right. What about Virginia is for Lovers? What about all the good times we had (at least before I took that year-long hiatus)? Virginia is for Lovers is ME! I'm VIRGINIA! Not some stupid blog about STUPID SOUP OH MY GOD WHAT DID I DOOOOOOO?!

If it had been nighttime over the past few hours, I actually would have lost sleep wondering if it would be a total blog-blunder to admit my mistake and go back to my familiar, lovely, normal blog, or if I needed to suck it up and write about soup and WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT FUCKING SOUP?! So that pretty much answered that conundrum and here I am again, obviously brimming with identity crisis and in desperate need of a blog makeover, but it'll be THIS blog that is made over, because I can't bear (bare? fuck it) to part with it. And maybe I'll go get a makeover myself, while I'm at it, and then post some pretty pictures or something.

Anyway, sorry for the total randomness of the past 24 hours. This has been an incredibly weird few weeks overall, full of really sad events, wedding drama, and extreme boredom at work, which when combined, apparently equal total disaster.

9 comments:

B said...

welp. i'm just glad you're back, either way. and i hope some of that stress resolves itself soon.

Anonymous said...

You are too funny....and I think we'll all follow you whether it's here or in the soup!

Anonymous said...

Girrrrrrrl, you so crazy! haha. Well you do your makeover (blog wise or otherwise) and get to writing about all that stressful stuff! That's what we're here for. Besides, if anyone can commiserate (sp? ugh) with you on wedding shit, it's ME! :)

Allison said...

Awwww! Poor VA. I'm excited to read about your life and drama and soup recipes and centipedes, no matter where you post about it.

Chris said...

Hahahaha...

No worries!

Katelin said...

haha va i love you.

and i'm glad you decided to stay here, i mean you are virginia and all :)

Michelle and the City said...

i wondered if you were going to do both.. glad to see you're sticking with VA is for Lovers. since that is your name and all :)

Larissa said...

I'm a big fan of VA...so I'm happy to hear you'll still be around here (even with the identity crisis and all!).

Sarah said...

um, we did not throw away monkey. i will bet you about $1000000 i saw him when i was going through stuff in the playroom at the beginning of the summer. i've never posted on your blog before and i'm sorry this is the time and place, but really. i think we have monkey.